Saturday, April 29, 2006

Thank You!

I just want to send a big thank you to all of you who came to visit at my debut TexasSparkle blog over at Chron.com, the online Houston Chronicle.

I have received TONS of e-mails and I get tons of e-mails from The Cotillion every day. Plus, many e-mails are going to my junk e-mail for some reason. So, if you have e-mailed me and I haven't responded, it may be because it got lost in the shuffle. I just wasn't prepared!

It means so much to me that so many of you want to read what I want to rant about. It's like having thousands of best friends to listen. It's great!

In case you didn't read my introduction at TexasSparkle I want to repost the last part here because I want you to know why I blog. It sure isn't for money.

"I spent the years I was raising my children being an activist and writing letters to the Editors. The Fort Worth Star Telegram even wrote a piece on me back 1993. I was just one small voice, but I was a loud one. So when I discovered blogging I knew that my one small voice could be even louder. And that is what I think blogging is. It is a thousand small voices letting their opinions be heard.

Remember the cartoon and Dr. Seuss book "Horton Hears A Who?" Horton discovers a small town called who-ville that resides on a speck of dust. But no one believes him until finally Horton convinces the people of Who-ville to speak loudly as one voice so that the people in his world can hear them. That is how I see blogging. All of us who care so deeply about our world and our society and who wish to let politicians, leaders, and the media know we exist and we want our voices heard, have finally found a way to speak as one voice. And just as the whos in who-ville we are finally being heard.

I started my blog Rightwingsparkle almost 2 years ago. What I really wanted was to dispel this false notion of uncaring Republicans. I am a person of deep faith. I have spent most of my adult life in volunteer work, helping in the community, raising good kids and teaching them to care for others. I have never broken the law and always paid my taxes. This is what a rightwinger looks like. This is what compassionate conservatives look like.

They look like me."