Sunday, October 30, 2005



Ok, here is my most interesting Halloween story. When I was in high school my best friend (Diane) and I decided to make the rounds of the various haunted houses around the city. We were having a blast just joking around in line (I don't remember what we were dressed up as) when this guy behind us in one of those creepy old men mask said in this deep strange voice, "Well, hello pretty ladies. Should you really be out alone?" That was kinda weird, but we laughed it off.

After that house we drove about 20 minutes to another one. As we were waiting I glimpsed someone in the crowd that looked like the creepy old man mask. I told Diane, but she never saw him. She started kidding me about it and making jokes about how he was some Halloween killer. (The very first "Halloween" movie with Jamie Curtis had just come out) We finally went to the last haunted house way out in the country, but nearer my house. While we were IN that house walking around in a strobe lighted room I SAW THE CREEPY OLD MAN MASK AGAIN! Well, I sorta freaked out and told Diane were leaving NOW. On the way home I kept checking my rearview mirror. I was a nervous wreck. Diane just kept making fun of me getting scared.

When we got home, we got ready for bed. My room was on the second story, but there was another roof below the window in my room from a lower floor addition. I had had the window open because of the nice weather, but I decided I was so creeped out that I would close it. So I went to close it..AND THE GUY WITH THE CREEPY OLD MAN MASK POPPED UP!!! On reflex I screamed and pushed with both my hands the window screen and the guy with all my might. The guy went tumbling down the roof and on the ground. Diane screamed my name. I turned to Diane to say something, but she was flying out of my room down the stairs. I was totally confused so I went after her yelling for my Dad the whole time.

My Dad and Mom came running out and I was trying to tell them what happened but Diane had already run out the front door!!!! Turns out, it was Diane's cousin. They had planned the whole thing to scare the beejees out of me (And it did!) But they didn't expect me to push him off the roof! She had run to see if he was ok. He had broken his arm and we had to take him to the hospital. My Dad wasn't happy. Her cousin wasn't happy. The hospital staff thought my version of the story was hilarious and I thought the whole thing was funny LATER.

It turns out the creepy old man was actually a pretty cute 19 yr old who I got to date a bit before I went off to college.

Oh yeah, one more little funny thing. He loved to tell people how his "girlfriend" broke his arm. Heh.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!