Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Remember when I said I thought the animals in SE Asia had a 6th sense about the coming tsunami. Well, here is why.


Here is an excerpt from an interview with democratic minority leader Nancy Pelosi and her husband Paul on the Today show with Jamie Gangel interviewing. I think she caught Nancy's husband off guard here. What do you think?

Gangel: What's it like being married to the minority leader?

Paul Pelosi: What's it like?

Pelosi: I'm interested in hearing this answer myself. (In other words.."watch it buddy......and you get to live to see another day.")

Paul Pelosi: It's an extremely demanding job. So it hasn't been a lot of laughs.

Gangel: Honest. An honest man.

When a political spouse is caught off guard in an interview, you can bet it is honest. They are not as used to making political spin.
I can't imagine what the poor man's life is like. I can only stand about 2 minutes of her exaggerated spin before I have to turn off the TV or radio. She doesn't just spin, she blows spin out of the water.

So I figure this is what a day in the life Mr. Pelosi is like.

*Nancy enters the house and notices a shirt on the floor. She walks in the kitchen and a coffee cup and plate sit used on the counter. Her husband Paul sits reading the paper.*

Nancy-Oh My God!! What the hell happened here???!!!

Paul-What? What?

Nancy- The living room looks like a damn redneck lives here!!! There are clothes strewn all over the floor!!!!

Paul- I hardly think one shirt....

Nancy- DON'T YOU DARE INTERRUPT ME ,YOU PIG!!! ... AND I THINK I saw some dirt by the front door, possibly from shoes because SOMEONE didn't care enough to take them off at the front door as instructed! This is what causes deficits!!...I mean.... difficulty in keeping things clean!! CLEAN!! DO YOU HEAR ME??? NO ONE LISTENS TO ME!! Look at this mess in the kitchen!! It looks like a Frat house party went on here!!!!!

Paul- It's one cup and plate, for heaven's sa......

Nancy- SHUTUP!!!!! I think I know what a mess is! I am the leader of the Democrats in Congress. I KNOW WHAT A MESS IS!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul- Nancy, calm down....your face might split. Remember the day after the election? It almost happened and Dr. Pullcheeks said to never get that upset again...

*Nancy's hands fly to her face*

Nancy- Your right, of course. Are my eyes still open wide like a startled clown? Youthful and Surprised. That was the name of the look I chose from Dr. Pull cheeks, you know.

Paul- Yes dear, you look fine. I'll go get the shirt and pick up the plate and cup. You go take your meds and lie down, ok?

Nancy- alright...alright. If Howard Dean calls come and get me. We are trying to figure out how to rule the world and distribute everyone's wealth but our own of course.....uhh...I mean get the democrats back in power.

Paule- Yes dear.

*Paul hangs his head in utter dispair as he trudges out of the room*

Here is her future dream:


Gangel: If you could have one political wish come true for your career, what would it be?

Pelosi: I'd want the Democrats in the House of Representatives to be the majority. And then my colleagues would elect me speaker of the House. I would become the first woman speaker. That certainly would be very exciting.

God forbid.