Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Is this you?

Heres Garrison Keillor's discription of Republicans.

The party of Lincoln and Liberty was transmogrified into the party of hairy-backed swamp developers and corporate shills, faith-based economists, fundamentalist bullies with Bibles, Christians of convenience, freelance racists, misanthropic frat boys, shrieking midgets of AM radio, tax cheats, nihilists in golf pants, brownshirts in pinstripes, sweatshop tycoons, hacks, fakirs, aggressive dorks, Lamborghini libertarians, people who believe Neil Armstrong's moonwalk was filmed in Roswell, New Mexico, little honkers out to diminish the rest of us, Newt's evil spawn and their Etch-A-Sketch president, a dull and rigid man suspicious of the free flow of information and of secular institutions, whose philosophy is a jumble of badly sutured body parts trying to walk. Republicans: The No.1 reason the rest of the world thinks we're deaf, dumb and dangerous."

To read more of this babble.....go here.

Hmmm.......it doesn't sound like me. Lets see, a developer, no...a christian of convience....no. I'm not a frat boy or a tax cheat. I know no midgets, radio hosts or otherwise. I'm not a racist. I don't wear brown or pinstripes (ewww). I don't play golf. I don't own a lamborghini. Ok, I might be an aggressive dork. But I really do believe we went to the moon. And I'm pretty sure the world thinks we are wealthy and strong. don't you just hate misconceptions? umm...ok....delusions.