Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Proof That Democrats Have Common Sense Sometimes

Ed over at HotAir has audio of John Ziegler on radio interviewing Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) about the “moment of silence” demanded on the House floor for the death of Michael Jackson. Yarmuth said he was disgusted by it (as well he should have been):

YARMUTH: Um, I was close to nauseated by it. I thought it was outrageous. In my two and a half years, we’ve never done that for anybody else who’s a celebrity. We’ve done it for former members, and that’s about it, for former members who’ve passed away … I basically got up and walked back to the cloakroom and got off the floor, because I just thought it was totally uncalled for and over the top.

ZIEGLER: And were you alone in that feeling?

YARMUTH: Oh, no, the cloakroom was pretty well packed. I think there were a lot of people who were disgusted by it.


Keep in mind, these cloakrooms (which I was able visit when I was in D.C.) are good sized rooms and there one for each party. So if his cloakroom was full, then it was full of Democrats.

Makes one have hope, doesn't it?