Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Thank God There Are Still Democrats Like This Left

Big Tent Democrat at Talkleft is so disgusted with the behavior of the leftwing blogs, he isn't going to blog for a while:

A personal note --I am not comfortable with writing about this election right now. I am not comfortable with the behavior of some Democrats and Left blogs regarding Sarah Palin. Of course everyone is entitled to their own views on this and I respect that. But I am entitled to mine as well. I am going to take a break and see how I feel next week.

Those on the leftwing blogs should be ashamed of themselves. Truly.

Here a few comments from that post:

by JAB on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 06:43:48 AM EST
I'm with you BTD - after reading some of the posts and comments here this week, I find its so-called "progressives" who are much worse than anything the Republicans have thrown out. Some of these comments have been down right disgusting and cheap. I thought we were better than that, but I guess I was wrong - there is no difference.

by Serene1 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 07:03:34 AM EST
They have accused Palin of literally everything. The kind of accusations that were hurled at her family by leftist bloggers to justify their rumour mongering was something altogether. It is as if nothing is sacred anymore.


by Serene1 on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 06:48:58 AM EST
Thanks BTD for being one of the saner voices of the left. The biggest disappointment this election season was witnessing the transformation of many liberals into the Bush cheney republicans (during their heydays). Karl Rove has become their personal guru as they go about tearing down their opponents like rabid dogs with no regard to decency, humanity or anything.


by cawaltz on Tue Sep 02, 2008 at 06:55:48 AM EST
Kudos for speaking up BTD. "All that evil needs to triumph is for good men to sit idly by and do nothing" seems appropos. Actually this kind of behavior is going to make my job in November that much easier. The blurring of the lines makes it clear to me that the Democratic party I knew and believed in is gone
.

The Democrats who comment here might do well to heed these warnings from fellow Democrats. The nasty mean vile attacks on Palin these past two days do nothing but turn off the independents you wish to be on your side. The right stands by our V.P. pick and no amount of malicious rumors and nasty conspiracy theories is going to change that. So take note. You keep attacking someone for the kind of failings that people in America deal with every day and you will almost certainly lose.