Friday, May 09, 2008

Our Warriors

I got into the habit a few years ago. If I was at an airport or a restaurant or any place at all, and I saw a person in a military uniform, I would stop and shake their hand and thank them for their service.

I may have written this before, but not too long ago My mom was walking me into the airport and a stream of soldiers came down the corrider. My mom, who is not quite as outgoing as I am, knew what was coming and I heard whisper under her breath, "Oh Lord, here we go." She backed away from me a bit while I shook their hands.

I figure it is the least I can do. But I wish I could tell by looking who is the wife/mother/family member of a marine or soldier, because I would be shaking their hand as well and even hugging them if they would let me.

Why? Well, because they are all a lot like this. (a must read)

So I want to wish all the Moms who wait for their husbands and sons overseas with heavy hearts and untold burdens, a happy Mother's Day. Your blessings are also ours and we are so grateful for them.

h/t Big Dog

*note: I'll be gone this weekend. If something super interesting happens, I will find a way to a computer, but if not, I'll see you guys Monday.