Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Hampshire

It looks like *Obama (Scratch that!) It is Hillary and McCain for New Hampshire. We still have a long way to go, but this race just keeps on getting more interesting.

Make no mistake about it. Obama, if nominated, will be a force to be reckoned with. As I said about his Iowa speech, he is exciting and electric.

I have had friends who are religious, but not political, ask me if he is pro-life, and when I say no, their face falls. They really liked him, but that is a big issue to them.

I knew then, that we had trouble.

But the nice thing about Obama being the nominee instead of Hillary (if that does indeed happen) is that we can focus on the issues instead of the personality or the morality of that person. I think Obama would wrong and even irresponsible of us to elect in this time in our history, but that would be because of his beliefs on the issues, not because of him as a person.

That might be nice to get back to, wouldn't it?

Update: I must admit I am stunned that Obama didn't win N.H. They were lined up to see him like a rock star this week. I really smell a rat here. But I am cynical when it comes to Hillary. Did the tears work? Fox is saying that she got most of the women vote. I am ashamed for my gender.