Monday, January 07, 2008

Hillary gets emotional

Maryann Pernold, a 64-year-old undecided Democrat asked Clinton how she gets up every day on the road:

“It’s not easy, it’s not easy,” Clinton said shaking her head. Her eyes began to get watery as she finished answering the question, “I couldn’t do it if I didn’t passionately believe it was the right thing to do. This is very personal for me. I have so many ideas for this country and I just don’t want to see us fall backwards. It’s about our country, it’s about our kids’ future,” she said softly crying, her voice breaking.

I just saw this video on Fox News. Here it is on ABC News. Click on "teary Hillary." or click on link in this article.

The anchor on Fox News asked the reporter if this was sincere or was it a calculated moment. The reporter said that in all the time he has covered Hillary he has never seen her emotional. He felt it was real.

Yeah, it was real. I mean it. She was truly emotional. Because she sees this moment of her being President as slipping away. She sees all the calculating political moves, the careful Senate career, and staying with that rat of a husband, as being for naught.

I'd cry too.