Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Someone explain this to me...

*I go to do some Christmas shopping and get an instalaunch! Welcome and come back and read me everyday! Scroll through while you are here. I'm not like the rest! I'm clean and only allow clean comments. I have as many leftwing commenters as I do rightwing and everything in between. A real debate can be had here. Not just shouting at each other. I have a Catholic/Christian point of view and I try to not mimic what the other blogs are saying. I end up doing that sometimes because I get the story first!


Congressman Steve King reacted this morning to the nine “NO” votes on his resolution to honor Christmas and the Christian faith. The vote shocked Capitol Hill observers because votes on similar resolutions honoring the holidays of Islam and Hinduism passed without any NO votes.

Appearing this morning on the Fox News Channel’s Fox and Friends, King said, “The [nine] naysayers didn’t make it to the floor to debate. I would like to know how they could vote Yes on Islam, Yes on the Indian Religions and No on Christianity when the foundation of this nation and our American culture is Christianity…I think there’s an assault on Christianity in America.”

To find out who voted no, follow link. Look, I don't need any stinkin' resolution to honor Christmas or the Christian faith. But someone explain to me why it is ok and good to honor other religions and not this one?

I don't get it. Even from the Democrats, I don't get this.