Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Elizabeth Edward"s smack down of a fellow feminist.

Look, I know Elizabeth and John Edwards are the worst of the leftwing elite. But you have got to love Elizabeth's passion and the fact that she isn't taking any crap from anyone. Including a smug self serving delusional leftwing feminist.

From ABC News via HotAir:

Blogger "Rebecca" wrote a fiery tirade on the site Monday morning attacking Mrs. Edwards choice to bring her two small children, Jack and Emma Claire, on the campaign trail with her while her husband, John Edwards runs for president. (The blog is called Silicon Valley Moms Blog)

"…. you are being a terrible mother, forcing your young children, who should be in SCHOOL, to ride in buses and talk to the press when they obviously don't want to. This election is NOT ABOUT THEM, " blogger Rebecca writes.

The rant continues:

Mrs. Edwards comments about Hillary Clinton in a recent Salon.com interview were also criticized on the blog, "What resonated in my mind was the way that she (Elizabeth Edwards) dissed Hillary Clinton, decrying the "choices" that Hillary has made. The implication, of course, was that Hillary chose to work rather than spend time with her child. But it took all of my self control not to ask her, ‘Was it Hillary's work for the Children's Defense Fund, where she saved millions of lives of poor children, that you thought was a poor choice? Or was it when she went to China and announced, possibly for the first time ever, that women's rights are human rights? Or perhaps was it the way that insisted on being taken seriously, since she too was an accomplished attorney like her husband?’"

No, the poor choice is that you only have a few years with your child when he or she is young. It may not even be the child who loses the most when her mom is always off to work, It is the mom who loses the precious short time she has with her small child. Precious time that Elizabeth Edwards understands all too well. Since she may well have little of it left to spend with her children. How dare this woman judge Elizabeth for wanting to be with her kids. Good grief.

But I don't need to defend Elizabeth, she does very well all by herself:

Posting in the comments section of the website, Elizabeth Edwards responded with an equally fiery post, "…what I said about Hillary's choices is that I had made the same choices she had made as a parent, and when I changed my choices I was happier. Just like you don't get to decide what makes me happier, I don't get to decide what makes Hillary happier."
And the mother-of-three wrote at length about her choices as a mother, electing to bring along her children on the campaign trail, "….you have no idea what the quality or amount of the time I spend with my children is….You don't get to say I am a terrible mother because you think you wouldn't make my choices in my situation…You don't get to judge me because you think you know exactly what you would do if you had my disease. I want to be really clear: you don't know. And if the sun always shines on you -- and I pray it does -- you will never know."


Take that you Naomi Wolf wanna be.