Monday, February 20, 2006

An All-Star night.

I took my 9 yr old sports fanatic son to the NBA All-Star game last night and it was full of stars, not just on the court though. There was the first President Bush, Eva Longoria, and Jamie Foxx. Eva and Jamie played a sports quiz game inbetween. Also there, Chris Tucker,Queen Latifah, and the rapper Ludacris, whose security detail was ludicrous. Some people have a over important view of themselves.

Anyway, since we had church we got there late, which meant the roads were smooth sailing, which was sweet. Then when we got in, they had delayed the start to 7:45 so we didn't miss a thing! Even sweeter! They had a girl sing "O' Canada" first and she was wearing these old jeans and a jacket and I thought, "Geeze, can't you dress up for international TV?" I thought, "Well, I bet American will show then how to dress to sing the 'Star Spangled Banner'." And who comes out but "Destiny's Child" looking incredible! Singing like nightingales. I felt sorry for the first girl.

The half time show featured Carrie Underwood whose song "Jesus Take The Wheel" is my favorite. She didn't sing that one though, but she was fantastic. Then they had John Legend. He was very good too. In between quarters and timeouts were dancers, cheerleaders, drumlines, and all sorts of stuff. Never a dull moment.

Oh, you wanted to hear about the game? Well to get the full scoop you would have to ask my son. He knows all the players. All I know is they were playing like the Harlem Globe Trotters to begin with. Shaq and Ming showing off. But in the 2nd half they seem to start playing like they both wanted to win. East won 122 to 120.