Thursday, October 28, 2004

Hugh Hewitt says it better than I ever could:

"My WeeklyStandard.com column, "The Commander-in-Chief," blasts John Kerry for his opportunistic trashing of the 3rd Infantry Division and the 101st Airborne Division.

"This is not a good man," said Lynne Cheney last week, and that verdict seemed impossible to escape, even before news arrived of the
complete discrediting of the Kerry-New York Times' ticket's wild theory of Army negligence in the securing of the mythical munitions. If Kerry had a shred of decency, he would apologize to the troops that passed through and searched the munitions complex. He doesn't, so he won't. But the American electorate will know. He could lose 45 states. Try spinning a savage and unmerited assault on the competence of the much beloved American military.

Someone forgot to tell John Kerry that it isn't 1971, and the Genghis Khan stuff doesn't fly anymore."

The soldier I quoted on my Tues. Oct. 26th post commented at that post. This was his first comment. Read the rest on that post's comment section. What can I say? He rocks. No spin. No politics. This is a warrior not a pundit. Read and learn:

"Great site. Thanks for all the thoughtful debate about my observations while in Iraq. I'm actually in Kuwait right now- I was in Iraq when all this was going down. Believe it or not, there was a lot of stuff going on during that time. I'm not going to say we did everything right 100% of the time. I will say that any mistakes we made were ours alone, and had nothing to do with the President or anyone else who wasn't even close to Iraq at the time. If there was a massive cache of explosives in our midst, we would have secured it and dealt with it appropriately. Kerry is grasping at straws here- looking for anything and everything he can find to highlight our failures. I'm a registered Libertarian, and I didn't vote for Bush, and I had no problem serving under Clinton. But Kerry's a disgrace- pure and simple. I'm tired of watching him lie about the accomplishments that many of my fellow soldiers died to achieve." 2Slick Email Homepage 10.28.04 - 1:47 pm #