Friday, February 06, 2009

Say What?

Ace and Rich Lowery at NRO make great points here regarding what Obama promised on the campaign trail, and how he is giving us the opposite, but this part I was struck by as well.

Obama said this today: “I found this national debt, doubled, wrapped in a big bow waiting for me as I stepped into the Oval Office.”

As Ace points out:

So let's see if I've got this right. The GOP left Obama with a doubled national debt (wrapped in a big bow, even), and the best way to "change" the country's direction is to triple or quadruple that debt by spending money on the NEA, child-care and “neighborhood stabilization activities?"

Obama also complains about the sniping and bi-partisanship, but then he arrogantly says to Republicans, "I won." Basically saying "that sucks for you." While that may be true, isn't that the kind of sniping he now complains about? It goes both ways Mr. President.