Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Have The Power

I have my power back on that is....That sound you hear is me singing and rejoicing (actually, you should be glad that you can't really hear me).

This is the point where I would start lamenting over my week without power and also post a picture of my shrine to Thomas Edison, but instead I'll look on the bright side and say that I had a wonderful time with my neighbors cooking out and watching movies in the driveway. I also went and stayed a few nights with my daughter at college for some quality time.

Ok, now where were we? Oh yes, the financial markets took a hit and the govt came riding in on it's white horse. The left blames the right and the right blames the left. That is what is what we are left with now. Each one blaming the other and claiming the other is lying. The problem? We can't trust the media to tell us the truth. It's politics at it's worse. Obama brought nothing new to this table, that is for sure.

Let's catch up on politics, shall we?

Remember when the left made the false claim that Sarah Palin had tried to ban books at a library in Alaska? (I think they are still trying to run with that one even though they know it's false) Well, Michelle Malkin has an excellent article here on how the leftists are the ones who openly try to ban books that don't espouse what they believe. It's always interesting to me that the left justifies for themselves what they claim to abhor in those on the right. Sarah Palin's personal e-mail being hacked by the son of a Democratic politician is a perfect example of this. I haven't heard one peep from those who see us tapping the phones of suspected terrorists as the greatest invasion of privacy know to man. Not a peep about this invasion of privacy. Imagine if Joe Biden's or Nancy Pelosi's personal e-mail had been hacked by the son of a Republican. Oh my sweet Lord, we wouldn't have heard the end of it. Such is the hypocrisy of the left.

Next, I can't believe we have come to the point where what could be the first black First Lady actually participates in pure sexism:

"People shouldn’t make a decision this time based on 'I like that guy' or you know, 'she's cute' you know, this isn't…"

The crowd laughed and applauded.

"And I'm talking about me," Michelle Obama continued. "But that shouldn't be anyone's reason for making a judgment this time around."

We all know who she was talking about. How clever of her to try and hide her sexism that way. Imagine if Cindy McCain has said, "People shouldn't make a decision based on 'I like that guy' or you know, 'he's black.'

For women like Michelle, women's rights and respect for women's accomplishments only matters if that women is liberal. It's a sad state of affairs for the feminists.

Oh, we would never hear the end of that one either. Such is the double standard the media allows.

Is it any wonder that none of us really trust the media? It has gotten to the point where you watch all you can, listen all you can, and then decide what's true or not. It's a sad commentary on journalists in general and the mainstream media specifically.

Also, Obama promised a new "kind of politics," but he has delivered not just more of the same, but some of the most egregious lies that I have ever seem in political ads. He was hoping to get away with it because it was Spanish language TV, but even ABC news calls Obama on the carpet for the lies.

First, Obama takes Rush Limbaugh out of context (which I find the left does constantly) and then ties him to John McCain. What a joke! Anyone who listens to Rush even in passing knows that Rush has never had a good thing to say about McCain and did not want him to be the nominee. McCain has never had any time for Rush either. And this issue of immigration has been one of the most contested points on which they have disagreed. So it's beyond ridiculous to try to relate the two together. But Obama was hoping that those who speak only Spanish would be fooled, because it is my opinion that he must not think much of of Mexican Americans or immigrants, and figure that they don't know enough about Rush or McCain to know the difference. I hope all Mexican Americans are insulted by this.

It's one thing to "spin" things a certain way, but it's another to lie and try to fool people into believing that two people who have never agreed with each other, are now representing each other. I mean, if ABC news is commenting on the complete dishonesty of this, then you know how bad it is.

I had to add this. It seems the left is now threatening groups with their tax exempt status. Call it leftwing McCarthyism. Because that is what it is and it's nothing new.

I always say that feminists have become the men they hated, and now the left has become the censors that they imagined the right to be.

That is it for now. I am still catching up with my life. Still praying for all those still hurting from the devastation that Hurrincan Ike brought to us.