Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Six Degrees of Funny.


In case you haven't heard, Lynne Cheney revealed on CNN this morning that in researching her new book, she found that Dick Cheney and Barack Obama were eighth cousins.

Which prompted the hilarious picture above from skippy the bush kangaroo, that I stole from Outside The Beltway.

To put this in perspective, a commenter said that 8th cousin means your 5th Great Grandparents shared common grandparents.

Still, this fascinating to me. I just love ancestry. I have a great aunt who typed up pages and pages of stories of my family history. But upon closer inspection, I found a few time lines out of wack. So, now I'm not sure of the legitimacy of it all. But I did have a great great grandmother that was full bloodied Cherokee Indian. I have talked about this before and my leftie/crazy friend/commenter dave bones from across the pond, now calls me "squaw," which makes me laugh, but then again, since it means "the totality of being female," I kind of like it.