Monday, September 18, 2006

Protests and fear.

We are used to protests in the United States. We see anti-war, pro-choice, pro-life, pro-immigrant, anti-immigrant protests all the time. So why do these protest pictures in Europe bother me so much? Well, not only because they call for the death of the Pope, but these same minded people firebomb Churches and kill innocent nuns.

I've been reading this morning about several Democrats who say Bush uses fear as a political tool. Just the other day Hillary says that Bush uses "fear factor" as a strategic approach. It's an old line they have been using for a while, but as I look at these protest pictures I actually do feel a trickle of fear. Not for me. Not here. Not yet. But for others, like that nun.

I don't understand what the Democrats don't understand about this threat. A little over a month ago "a plot to blow up planes in flight from the UK to the US and commit "mass murder on an unimaginable scale" has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said."

Did. We. Get. That? Do the Democrats get that?

Yes, to Hillary and the rest...maybe we should be a bit afraid. The planning and almost carrying out of mass murder tends to make me jumpy. But what we see from the Democrats are not ways of keeping us safe, but continued fighting with Pres. Bush on every measure which he sees as keeping us safe, from NSA surveillance to interrogation methods. Why they don't see the danger, I'll never understand.