Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Kathy Griffin. Sometimes liberals put their money where their mouth is.



I think I have blogged before on how funny I think Kathy Griffin is. I hate her politics, but for some reason she makes me laugh so much I forget about it.

I was watching "My Life On The "D" List" on the Bravo channel tonight and it was the episode where she goes to Baghdad to do a show for the troops. She mentioned that there were not many celebrities that wanted to entertain in Iraq so they had to take her. She went with Mike McDonald from Mad TV who is also hilarious and an actress from "Jag" that I am not familiar with.

It was so sweet when they went through the unit's hospital to visit the wounded. Then the show was really funny. Seeing the troops there sitting in harm's way just made my heart ache. I know liberals love to come to this site and talk about how so many of us that support the war won't serve, but I swear, if there was a way for me to go there, I would. If I was a celebrity I would have gone there in a New York second. I just have so much admiration and respect for our military.

Kathy made it clear that she hated Bush, but that she supported the troops. Usually I don't buy that, but this time by putting herself on the line, I totally believed her and respected her for putting her patriotism above her politics. Good on her.