Sunday, September 25, 2005

Head 'em up, and move 'em out....

We are heading home today. We will spending the night in Shreveport with family. We will be going the back roads down to Houston. I just pray we don't hit the traffic we did coming out. But there isn't much we can do about it. They will be letting the lower portion of Houston back in by Tuesday or Wednesday and no one wants to be in that either. We will keep our gas tank full as long as we can and hope for the best.

This really did turn out to be a blessing. I wasn't going to be able to see my family for a while. We are having Thanksgiving at my house with my husband's side of the family and we are going to Mexico for Christmas, so this was great to see everybody. And we did get to see a BUNCH of family and had a wonderful time (eating too much as usual!). Including my adorable new niece (my Godchild), who you saw pictures of back in June.

There really is a silver lining to every dark cloud. Wish us luck as we make our way back and I hope to be back blogging by Tuesday!