Friday, June 10, 2005

Over at UPC, where I group blog, they have a question of the week that we can answer in our blogs. Here is this week's:

In your opinion, what segment of society or culture or the economy is in greatest need to be reached by political blogs at this time?

I would have to say it would be the 60% of this nation that decide Presidential elections. They are neither Republican or Democrat and they don't decide who they will vote for until the last minute.

In other words. They drive me insane.

I had one friend I knew tell me she was going to vote for Bill Clinton over Bob Dole because Clinton was charming and Dole was dull. I shook my head and said "Are you voting for a President or a DATE???" (not knowing how prophetic that would be)

These are the people we need to reach, but probably won't. These people are just too interested in the popular culture and not the least bit interested in politics. One can hardly blame them either. With both sides yelling outlandish things that no one in the middle believes, they just tune us out.

Our biggest hope of reaching them though, is through their work computers. If they can read up on some blogs during a boring work day then maybe we can get them interested a bit. Maybe we can inform them a bit.

That is what I hope anyway.