Monday, November 16, 2009

It's Palin Week!

It's all about Palin this week, which couldn't make me happier. I think everyone knows how I feel about Sarah Palin, so I won't go on too much about what a wonderful role model I think she is, but I couldn't just ignore her this week either.

First let me say that I don't think she is going to run for President in 2012. I think she is going to do exactly what she said she would do when she resigned as Governor of Alaska. She is going to be a force to change this country back into the country we can recognize. One that respects the constitution and loves liberty. She promised that she would "work hard for others who still believe in free enterprise and smaller government; strong national security for our country and support for our troops; energy independence; and for those who will protect freedom and equality and Life" regardless of party. And that is what she has done.

We aren't used to an honest politician that does exactly what they say they are going to do. We aren't used to a politician who faces challenges head on without spin. We aren't used to the strength shown by this woman in the face of so many lies and smears, not just by those that actively hate her, but by the mainstream media as well.

This passage in her book just endeared her to me:

Just before I left the hotel room to hit the convention stage, on the evening of September 3, I noticed that Trig needed changing. I also noticed that we had run out of diapers. After a frantic, hotel-wide search, someone found a stack, and the last thing I did before heading down to give the biggest speech of my life was to change the baby.

How many women out there can relate to that? Just about all of us. How many times have we had something that was very important to do, but first we had to take care of our children's needs in some way? We understand the messiness of life. We clean it up and we move forward. That's who we are.

I love her sense of humor. When false rumors swirled that her and Todd were getting a divorce she said:

Divorce Todd? Have you seen Todd?

Many on the left give lots of excuses for hating her, but the truth they can't admit is that they hate her because of her conservative values that happen to be wrapped in a beautiful down to earth persona.

We have never seen anything like her.

I admire her for her strength, her values, her no nonsense practical way of looking at problems and issues, and I love that she took on the good ole boy network in Alaska and knocked them off their feet.

For more juicy tidbits from her book, go here.


Sarah on twitter

Sarah on facebook

SarahPac