Sunday, October 25, 2009

Conservative Women; Making a Difference.




Three women the left love to bash more than any that came before, are Sarah Palin, Liz Cheney, and Michelle Bachmann. Why? Because they are strong smart conservative women who embrace their roles as mothers and activists for conservative causes. There is simply nothing the left hates more. Which is why the attacks on Sarah Palin were unprecedented and the ones coming at Liz Cheney and Michelle Bachmann are starting to catch up to the smears Palin had to endure.

I cannot tell you how much I admire these women. They talk the talk AND they walk the walk. I didn't think I could admire Michelle Bachmann (a Republican Congresswoman from Minnesota's 6th Congressional District) more than I do now, But then I didn't know this about her:

"She and Marcus, a clinical psychologist, were raising their children -- they had four then; they have five now -- and, as foster parents, were raising some other people's children, 23 of them, a few teenagers at a time."

This is walking the walk folks.

Like me, she turned away from liberalism. I voted for Jimmy Carter, She and her husband danced at Jimmy Carter's inauguration. Both of us were changed by Ronald Reagan.

Sarah Palin is making an impact in politics and in political races through facebook. Truly amazing. Liz Cheney is making sure we are aware of what the White House is doing and not doing that is making us less safe. She has begun a new group called "Keep America Safe."

These political firebrands do this all while having five children each (and many more with foster kids in Bachmann's case). I may not agree on every single issue, but I know we share the same values, vision, and hope for America. Whenever I start to feel down from all that is happening politically in our country, I think of these women and what they fight for, and it makes me proud and happy once again.

whatever happens, It gives me great hope to know that these women are fighting the good fight.