Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Bold Face Lie

Today in Pres. Obama's townhall, he completely lied. Here is his quote:

"I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter."

You have probably seen the video where he says he indeed supports a single-payer plan.

In this video linked above at a 2003 union conference he clearly says, and I quote EXACTLY, that "I happen to be a proponent of a single-payer universal health care plan."

From that speech:

"I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its gross national product on health care, cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that's what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single-payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. That's what I’d like to see."

It's one thing to say that he has changed his mind or that his belief has grown or become different. But that isn't what he says. He says "I have not said I was a single-payer supporter."

A bold face lie.

Does Obama just hope that most Americans will believe him and not see this video tape?

Why in the world would he lie?

I think this shows a gross arrogance on his part. That he can say what he wishes now, and not be held accountable for what he has said in the past.

via RedState