Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary's Speech

There is one part of the Hillary's speech that I am not buying. Not only am I not buying it, but it really defines the difference between Democrats and Republicans:

"We fought for the young man in the Marine Corps t-shirt who waited months for medical care and said, "Take care of my buddies over there, and then will you please take care of me?"


This really illustrates the Democrats view. People like Hillary and Obama, who are so much smarter than all of us, want to "take care" of all of us. They see themselves as benevolent giving leaders who use other people's money to take care of everyone.

I find it hard to believe that a marine would ask Hillary "to take care of me."

Sorry. It makes a nice story. But it is something that no Marine I know what ever say.

We lift up those who need it and we teach them to take care of themselves. That is where there is dignity. I have watched the vicious cycle of dependency my whole life. There is no dignity in depending on the government. None.