Thursday, October 05, 2006

"Former Washington Post senior political writer Thomas Edsall on Bob Woodward and his new book."

Hugh Hewitt has the interview. Let's just say this former colleague doesn't find Woodward credible.

More on Bob Woodward's credibility from RCP:

Brent Scowcroft released the following statement today (View image):

"I have spoken to Bob Woodward a number of times about a variety of subjects over the years, but I did not agree to be interviewed for his latest book. Further, there are statements in the book, directly or implicitly attributed to me, that did not and never could have come from me. I never discuss any personal conversations that I may have with President George H.W. Bush, and he never discusses with me any conversations that he has with President George W. Bush."

Scowcroft's office confirmed the authenticity of the statement and said it was released earlier today to the Associated Press. Curiously, I can find no mention of it on any AP-driven news site.

via Powerline