Monday, March 06, 2006

Jon Stewart isn't just bad for the Oscars.

This Harvard educated liberal thinks that Jon Stewart is bad for liberalism. He basically says that younger brighter liberal minds on average get their news of the day from Jon Stewart on The Daily Show, who makes fun of politicians and government officials by making them out to be buffoons.

This causes the young liberals to not go into the circus world of politics, but into the private sector.

An interesting view to be sure, but I would question whether someone who gets their news from The Daily Show is really all that bright. Book sense does not necessarily mean one has common sense.

I was surprised to learn this in the article:

"According to a survey by the Pew Research Center, only 2 percent of the show's audience identify themselves as conservatives."

I guess the conservative's young and brightest aren't getting their news from The Daily Show.

Good to know.

*personal note: I don't get my news from The Daily Show, but I do watch it and I think Jon Stewart is hilarious.

via Powerline