Friday, October 21, 2005

The Colbert Report.

Have ya'll seen The Colbert Report on Comedy Central yet? It comes on after the Jon Stewart show and it stars Stephen Colbert, one of the "reporters" on the Stewart show. It is obviously a parody of the O'Reilly Factor.

I watched the first show and thought it wasn't working. I thought maybe he needed Stewart as the straight guy for his routine. But the 2nd and 3rd shows have been much funnier and he is finding his comedic way.

Jon Stewart is hilarious and a hard act to follow. Yes, he leans more toward making fun of the right in his comedy, but there is enough slams on democrats to keep it fair. After all, the Republicans are in charge, so there is more material there. I think Stewart is always pretty nice to his rightwing guests too. But he practically melts when the big leftys come on. But I do laugh at most of his stuff. He is just a great comedian. I wish he were on our side.

Anyway, I would suggest you checking out The Colbert Report. It is funny to see the way he makes fun of O'Reilly's "talking points" for example. He makes it "My Word." If you can't see it at night, they replay it in the morning.