Monday, September 12, 2005

Not so serious.

As you may have noticed, I am not much into the popular culture. I don't watch much TV or movies. But since this has been such a serious week, I thought I would share some of my limited knowledge of what's out there just to lighten some things up.

For the geeks out there, I just finished watching the DVD series of Firefly. Dean Esmay has assured me that makes me officially a geek. So be it. I liked it. I look forward to the movie.

You know who I think is hilarious? Kathy Griffith. She is a comedian who has a reality type show on the Bravo channel. I love how she rakes celebrities over the coals for their excesses and ridiculous way of living. If you get to watch re-runs, don't miss her going to a Kabbalah party, where they had someone going around asking seductively if the guests would like to be "tied up." Which was referring to having that red string tied around your wrist. Kathy just rolls her eyes. It is amusing to watch Kabbalah and Scientology fight for celebrities money..oops, I meant souls. Heh. You have to love those religions that have no distinction between right and wrong. Sin? Forget about it!! Cheating and greed? Just connect with your inner positive energy!!!!

Anyway, I love Kathy. She has this wicked dry sense of humor. She doesn't care what people think.

I have never watched CSI until they started re-runs during the day. Now I catch it when I fold clothes. Great show. I can see now why my Mom is obessed with it.

I also got to see this years MTV awards while doing laundry. Could P. Diddy be anymore self involved? Also, has rap taken over MTV? It would seem so. The whole show was truly bad. Having teenagers I am forced to listen to a lot of music. I like Green Day, Gwen Stefani (although someone needs to tell her she is 35, not 19) Not that she needs to act 35, but pretending your a teenager is just silly. I like Simple Plan and Foo Fighters. I also will admit I like Avril, Kelly Clarkson and Hillary Duff's music. But when I am in the car, it's country music every time. I don't think there is an artist in country music I don't like.

I usually take the time when the kids are back in school to watch all the movies that I missed. If you have any suggestions on what to rent, please give them to me. Keep in mind though that I don't watch R rated movies.

Consider this an open thread to comment on popular culture. Let's have one day where we don't discuss politics, ok??????