Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bin Laden and talking points?

"In "Osma Bin Laden: America's Enemy In His Own Words," San Diego civil rights attorney Randy Hamud tries to shed light on Bin Laden by translating 20 of his statements and letters from 1994 to 2004." vai sacbee.com (registration may be required)

The article doesn't have many quotes from the book, but says that throughout Bin Laden's speeches he returns to Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and what he calls the "Jewish enemy."

Here is one quote of Bin Laden's they did give though:

"The Iraq war generates billions of dollars for big corporations, either munitions makers or those working reconstruction, such as Haliburton and its sister companies," bin Laden said in an April 15, 2004 address originally broadcast by Al-Jazeera in which he offered a truce with European nations that agreed not to attack Muslims."

Does this sound familiar to any of you? I mean... I know I have heard that before from other sources. Let me think...I know it will come to me.

Yeah.