Wednesday, August 24, 2005

No. No. NO.

Someone who loves Cindy Sheehan needs to get through to her. Do a leftwing intervention or something. In an article today Cindy explains why she is going back to Crawford, which is fine, but she has to cross the line. She has to insult all those soldiers and parents who have lost a child in the war: (emphasis mine)

"What is the noble cause that he says my son died for? The answer to that question will not bring my son back. But it may stop more meaningless deaths. Because every death is now a meaningless one."

OMG! If I had a child in the military I think I would be making a trip to Crawford myself and have a little talk with Mrs. Sheehan. I understand she is lost in her grief, but that does not mean she gets to insult others who have suffered the same loss, but feel very differently about the meaning of their child's death.

If all I wanted was the left to look bad then I would encourage Cindy in her quest to insult all Americans who support the war. But this is too painful to watch. If Democrats care about their party, then they need to make it clear that they don't agree that our soldier's sacrifices are meaningless.

Because if you don't make your voice heard, then Cindy's painful remarks will be all that is heard.