Sunday, March 20, 2005

Saving Terri

Watching the news this morning I am pleased to see so many democrats come on board this bill to save Terri Shavio's life. There are 3 democrats, I understand, who are against this bill. It is clearly a bi-partisan bill. If you saw the plea from Terri's mom, I don't know how you could not be against it. A mother simply wanting to care for her daughter at home until she passes seems a simple request against forcing her to stay in a hospital and starve. There is just no argument you can give me that there is anything wrong with that.

It seems clear to me that a man who has gone on to live with and have children with another woman is not "next of kin." but more like an ex-husband.

This case is also about a judicial bench out of control.

UPDATE: At 12:35 CT, The democrats who oppose this legislation started a news conference. Rep. Jim Davis from Florida began it. But the airing of it started before they obviously were aware of it. It started with laughter from the press core. Then Jim Davis says "I'm sure they will." and then more laughter. And one reporter yells out, "yeah right." And then Rep. Davis smiles and says, "We will encourage them to." Small laughter and then they THOUGHT the news conference was starting. Rep. Davis begins by offering his sympathies to the family.

Yeah right.

You were being real sympathetic there when you thought the cameras were not on. I wonder what was so funny? Maybe someone can find out?

They make me sick.