Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sorry for the light blogging this week.

I have two boys playing football and one of them hurt his hand. We had to go to the Doctor to see if it was fractured. Why don't Doctor's offices have X-ray machines? Doesn't it seem pretty logical to have that there? But no, I have to drive another 15 min to get his X-ray done. Now I am waiting to see what the verdict is. I left the house at 9:30am and got back at 1:00pm. How do full time working mothers do this???

And since I am ranting here, why do medical facilities ask to xerox your insurance card, which has all the information they need, and then require you to write that very same information down again??? And why do they ask for your address three separate times on the same information sheet? And why do they need an address for an emergency contact? Are they going to mail them notice of a emergency? No. All they need is a contact number. Am I right? And why can't I just go directly to get an x-ray? I pay the doctor to look at a swollen hand and say "Well, we won't know anything until it's x-rayed." Well, duh.

Update: Well, his hand is broken. He is going to be so upset that he can't play football or baseball. Man. And now I have to go back to the place for the X-rays, pick them up and take them to the Doctor to get his hand set. I figure a good half day right there. Again, how do working mothers do this??