Thursday, April 06, 2006

More Kos.

Kos will be on The Stephen Colbert Report Tonight. Should be fun to watch. I found this article on Kos from a commenter at Ace's. I found out a lot about this icon of the left I didn't know beyond the fact that he was beat up all the time in high school:

"Markos Moulitsas is hard at work stoking the Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy. He is doing this while curled up on his sofa, tapping away at a battered silver PowerBook held together with electrical tape and covered in bumper stickers of the "F*ck the Republican Party" variety. It's a few days after the election so, like most Democrats, he is tired and depressed. But he's also vibrating like a high-tension wire. In a weird way, he admits, he's kind of glad that John Kerry lost. It has given him so much more to do."

Such class.

But Kos is having an impact! Regarding his support and push for the 15 Democratic candidates last time around:

"..But even with the help of the Daily Kos community, Seemann did little better than his forebears, garnering only about 33 percent of the vote. In fact, the entire Kos Dozen lost -- all fifteen of them. So did Dean. So did Clark. So, of course, did Kerry."

People have wondered why Kos went into the military when he clearly has no love for it. Maybe this part of the article will explain that:

"Moulitsas was indeed an unlikely candidate for military service, entering at age seventeen and all of 118 pounds. He'd figured that if he ever ran for elected office and had to vote for war, he should have done time in the military."

I know before I do any public service, I always think about how it's going to look LATER.

But, what can you expect? Maybe his candidates lost because it wasn't about them to Kos, it was all about HIM:

"He was primed for a reporting career, but his emergent blogger tendencies rebelled at the last moment. "The thing about journalism that kind of annoyed me was that I'm always writing about other people," he says. "Maybe I just want to set too many trends, I don't know. But it was fun for a couple of years and then suddenly it just started grating on me that it was always about somebody else. I got a little selfish -- I was like, 'What about me?'"

All about you indeed.