Monday, March 28, 2005

I'm Back!!!!!

Wow! What a weekend I had! I hate to tease you but I don't know if I am going to blog on it or not. Maybe soon.

I had a wonderful Easter. Always great seeing family. There were a few inspiring and interesting things I read over the weekend in Newsweek and Time magazine. We need some inspiring things now, don't we?

One thing I read I might do myself.

Many soldiers have nowhere to put their pets when they are shipped off, especially with little advanced warning. So two organizations are on the web to match those who wish to care for these animals while the soldiers are gone.

www.netpets.org (for all kinds of pets) and www.operationnoblefoster.org (for cats only)

A story on PFC. George Perez, age 21 was very inspiring because he lost a leg in Iraq to a roadside bomb in January 2004. After 19 operations and grueling rehab and a new prosthetic leg, he requested that he not be given a medical discharge, but a reinstatement! The Army relented and assigned him to a desk job at Fort Bragg, N.C. He is still angling to get back to combat duty in Iraq.

Awesome.